My contest pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crabcreekind

crabcreekind

Here are my 3 entry pens.
first is a magnolia pod that was cast with blue and silver alumilite.
It was a huge pain in the butt, it has foam like cells inside the pod. and that makes it a nightmare to turn.

Second is my colors casting.
I had an that used red and yellow, and when they mixed the third color in between would be orange. I tried a couple times and settled with this blank.

Third is my first pine cone blank I made. It was made from red alumilite and gold alumilite dust. Turned well.

None of them got to the final rounds. But I am going to bring my A game next year.:biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• 100_8760.jpg
    100_8760.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_8686.JPG
    100_8686.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_8766.JPG
    100_8766.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 280
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

Hey James, I really like that pine cone blank! The pen really looks classy. I can't wait to see one of your blue-green cone blanks turned too, especially after seeing this one. Its a really impressive pen.

What do you think of the Virage rollerball kit?

SDB777

Been stock piling Magnolia 'pods' since I saw this blank....just what I need, another addiction!

And is the cone you used from some kind of spruce? it's really unique! But IMHO, I think it needed a little brighter color(resin wise) to make it POP!

All well turned and finished!!!

Scott (cool castings) B

crabcreekind

Been stock piling Magnolia 'pods' since I saw this blank....just what I need, another addiction!

And is the cone you used from some kind of spruce? it's really unique! But IMHO, I think it needed a little brighter color(resin wise) to make it POP!

All well turned and finished!!!

Scott (cool castings) B

Yea I have been making brighter colors. I use a different formula now. And they really pop.

Top Bottom