My Christmas Present ...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kaspar

Kaspar

... to myself.

Imperial Rhodium and Gold with "Tiger" Padauk

Originally I was going to put this in an Imperial with BT, but I thought the use of gold in this kit was sufficiently restrained that it would be okay, and match the "warmth" of the wood as well. I also note that they no longer have the mixed satin / high gloss finish on the Imperial, but it's still my favorite large pen kit.

The chatoyancy in this piece of wood is incredible. From certain angles the tiger striping goes all the way around. Actually, the stripes show a slight offset where they meet, and I understand the underlying structure of the wood better now.

Here it is closed:

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Wow, it's almost snakewood without the hassle. Very nice pen there.

You doing bicep curls to get used to the weight?

broitblat

That is a great combination, and well made.

I think you've found just the right balance between figure in the wood and elements in the kit to create a luxurious looking pen that's not over done.

-Barry

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
WOW, I have always shunned padauk. This certainly will make me "rethink" that position.

Great looking pen - tho the rollerball tip leaves me cold. But, you can't control that!!

And yes, the finish and photography ARE top-shelf!!

Kaspar

Thanks, folks!

You doing bicep curls to get used to the weight?

I'm a big boy.

WOW, I have always shunned padauk. This certainly will make me "rethink" that position.

Well, that was a very special piece I picked up on ebay a year ago. I thought I had lost it in the move to my new digs in May but recently found it. I haven't seen anything like it since, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

Top Bottom