My Casting Contest Entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Now that the contests have ended I wanted to show my work.

First up is my entry in the Tube On contest. Clear casting isn't really my thing, but I had a lot of fun trying something out of my comfort zone. I got this cool little sleeve with an order I placed for some craft supplies and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I painted my tubes black and then cast the sleeve over it. Then put it on a Chrome Designer.

022 (554x700).jpg 024 (582x700).jpg 026 (618x700).jpg

For the Embedded Object contest I tried my hand at casting some Hemlock cones in alumilite. Another first for me. I wanted to use some fun colors so I went with purple, teal, and white. Placed it on a Jr. Retro RB.

028 (550x700).jpg 031 (585x700).jpg 034 (572x700).jpg 030 (601x700).jpg

Last is my entry in the Color Casting contest. I was hoping to do well here and happily I won 1st place! Thank you for the votes! Here I went with a tried and true blank of mine - Vintage USA reverse painted black. I put it on my best selling Chrome & Black Ti Aero BP.

014 (603x700).jpg 016 (558x700).jpg 020 (624x700).jpg 021 (679x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Three Spectacular Pens adorned with Outstanding Blanks.
I love all three,
No 1 is Unique and Regimentally Spectacular,
No 2 is Magical, with the swirling array of colours, as if from the Hemlock Brew in a Witches Cauldron
No 3 Is Electrifying, the swirling colours, as if from the Rapid Burning of Exotic Minerals, by an Enormous Power.
The Judges did well, as did you Jonathon.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone. I'm really proud of these. I contacted the supplier of the sleeve on the first pen. I'm gonna see if I can get some stock of that stuff. It really looks cool in person. Even my wife likes it, and she's VERY anti-sparkly/girly.

For the embedded this was my backup attempt. I had a plan for something I've never seen cast before but I blew up the blank. I've got 1 more to try out and now that I can take my time with it I should be able to produce a finished pen with it. Stay tuned for that! :biggrin:

Top Bottom