My Brother's pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
So as most of you know, I am headed to Florida to work with my little brother. I have been telling him for a while now that i was going to make him a super nice pen. Well I can't very well show up to Florida empty handed, So.... I present to you:

Gold on Gold Closed End Desert Ironwood JG II Rollerball.

I wanted to do some custom finial and CB of some sort and went through every blank i have and nothing looked good. Then i thought about the gold trim pieces from previous mods. So i tried the gold trim ring and finial on the gold base, and it looks pretty sharp!

10 coats of CA finish, and a light buffing. I will put Ren. wax on it when i give it to him with a small container of wax for him t okeep it shining!!

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• robs pen closed.jpg
    robs pen closed.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 192
  • robs pen front closed.JPG
    robs pen front closed.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 266
  • robs pen open.jpg
    robs pen open.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 223
  • robs pen lid.jpg
    robs pen lid.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Thanks for the compliments!

I am going down there to help him with his floor covering installation business. I will be there for a couple of months then i am headed back to Oklahoma. If we can get his business going strong enough over the summer, I may return for the winter rush.

Mark

Good luck with the new job. You'll do great with all the experience you already have..

Is he going to sell and install or install only?

Oh and the pen is super nice. You do very nice work my friend. Nicely Done..

RAdams

Banned
Thank ya! From this crowd, these words swell my head!!

I have learned all i really know about penmaking from IAP! The vast knowledge on this site is sure to inspire anyone that makes pens. I only hope to keep growing, and sharing my knowledge, both old and new!

Mark,
It is mostly installation, with some sales on the side. That's why i am going down there. I am going to help pick up the amount of material that can be installed per day by the crew, so we can have more time to be out talking to potential clients, or at least can bid bigger jobs. I want him to sell WAY WAY WAY more material! I want to have to take regular road trips to Dalton, and find all the farmers that bought all the mill equipment and make carpet in their barns. They are out there. They are the carpet version of us. Hobby carpet makers, who often sell top quality material for little more than the cost of the materials. Fascinating really.

Mark

I heard Shaw and Mohawk both closed several mills in GA. It's beyond me how they can start a mill up, run it for 7 months and just shut it down, till next year, or two years from now... IDK. It's crazy.

Good luck with the venture. I hope you and your brother find great success.

Top Bottom