My Birthday Gift from Justin (Timebandit)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Justin (Timebandit) made this pen yesterday afternoon. I spent time in Austin this past weekend and had the opportunity to watch Justin at work in my attempt to learn firsthand how to make a kitless pen.
After four hours of watching him and his amazing talent at work I saw a pen take shape. As I told Justin..it was the most fun afternoon I had in quite a while……and learned a LOT in a short period of time.
After he finished he capped it and handed it to me and said "Happy Birthday." Needless to say, I was floored. The pictures, which I took several times, do not really do justice to his work. I also apologize for the dust on the pen. Had a hard time keeping it off as the pen seemed to attract. It was really nice to meet Justin as well as his lovely wife in person and spend time with him…And Rounder…you already know this but I'll say it anyway..Your son is AWESOME!! Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• Birthday Gift from Justin.jpg
    Birthday Gift from Justin.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Birthday Gift from Justin_3.jpg
    Birthday Gift from Justin_3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 336
  • Birthday Gift from Justin_2.jpg
    Birthday Gift from Justin_2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Birthday Gift from Justin_1.jpg
    Birthday Gift from Justin_1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timebandit

Great pics Doc, much better than i could have done, dust and all.

And believe me when i say that pleasure was all mine. It was great to meet you and your family and hope to see you again soon. I hope you will enjoy this pen for years to come.........and if you havent inked it up yet............WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.........Put some ink in that thing and see how she writes...............

Enjoy

Justin

Last edited:

toddlajoie

Justin makes some sweet pens, I'm the proud (I hesitate to use the word "owner" but I have the pen in my possession...) of his PITH entry for this year, and yours looks just as spectacular.... I'm envious of your chance to see the pen created...

Justin, great work and a very nice gesture...

mrburls

Nice looking pen there Justin. Maybe you could give us a few tips at the Central Texas meeting :rolleyes: Sounds like Doc had a good time.

Keith "mrburls"

PenPal

Hi Doc and Justin,

This personifies the reason I make and do anything the bottom line is sharing, well made and displayed, no mean feat whilst explaining and visiting.

Goodwill lasts forever.

Kind regards Peter.

wizard

And believe me when i say that pleasure was all mine. It was great to meet you and your family and hope to see you again soon. I hope you will enjoy this pen for years to come.........and if you havent inked it up yet............WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR.........Put some ink in that thing and see how she writes...............

Enjoy

Justin

Justin..at work..Using your pen.... writes like a dream..usually go through 2 Private Reserve cartridges a day. It's my everyday carry pen at office and hospital now!!! Justin, I just wanted to let you know something...and Dawn may get mad at me for this. I passed up and gave away my ticket and reservations compliments of NASA for space shuttle Atlantis launch to come see you.
I wanted to come see to learn something from you and that was more important to me and I don't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!Best Regards, Doc

terryf

Very lucky man Doc, I'd consider giving body parts for lessons to make that kind of pen! The gift of knowledge is undoubtedly the best gift one can offer. Hope to see lots of kitless in the near future titled, "Made it this a.m......" :)

Rounder

Enjoy

Justin

Justin..at work..Using your pen.... writes like a dream..usually go through 2 Private Reserve cartridges a day. It's my everyday carry pen at office and hospital now!!! Justin, I just wanted to let you know something...and Dawn may get mad at me for this. I passed up and gave away my ticket and reservations compliments of NASA for space shuttle Atlantis launch to come see you.
I wanted to come see to learn something from you and that was more important to me and I don't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!Best Regards, Doc

WOW Doc! Seeing a shuttle launch WAS on my Bucket List but will now have to be removed. That is something very special to give up to learn how to make a pen. Don't know if I could have done that!!! EVEN FOR JUSTIN!!! Well maybe for him. MAYBE!!!:eek: Would take some serious bribery though. I'm just sayin!

Timebandit

Enjoy

Justin

Wow!! This is wonderful! I am so glad that you are already getting good use out of it and i am flabbergasted that you passed up the last shuttle launch to come learn from me. This is one of the most gracious gestures i have heard of....simply amazing.....I am so glad that i got to meet you and to teach you. As Terry said we look forward to many kittless pens labeled "Made it this A.M......
Thanks you very much for all you compliments...it truly was a pleasure to meet you.

WOW Doc! Seeing a shuttle launch WAS on my Bucket List but will now have to be removed. That is something very special to give up to learn how to make a pen. Don't know if I could have done that!!! EVEN FOR JUSTIN!!! Well maybe for him. MAYBE!!!:eek: Would take some serious bribery though. I'm just sayin!

Lol!! Thanks Dad....Maybe some day you will get schooled to......MAYBE!!!!.....With some serious bribery......:biggrin:

Timebandit

Oh yeah! I neglected to mention that i was the recipient of a beautiful pen as well! I received an Imperial wrapped in Amboyna Burl! I have never seen one in person so it was a joy to receive one as a gift. It feels great in the hand and writes wonderfully. It is a permanent fixture on my desk next to some of my kitless.

Thanks Doc

Rounder

Oh yeah! I neglected to mention that i was the recipient of a beautiful pen as well! I received an Imperial wrapped in Amboyna Burl! I have never seen one in person so it was a joy to receive one as a gift. It feels great in the hand and writes wonderfully. It is a permanent fixture on my desk next to some of my kitless.

Thanks Doc

LOL, NO PICS, DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!:biggrin:

wizard

Thanks Doc

:wink: .....Doc:)

Attachments

• 1_Ambona_Burl_Imperial.jpg
    1_Ambona_Burl_Imperial.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 1_Ambona_Burl_Imperial_1.jpg
    1_Ambona_Burl_Imperial_1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113

Timebandit

Thanks Doc

Wise Guy Huh................:rolleyes:

Thanks Doc

:wink: .....Doc:)

See....It happened.....Much better pics than i could have taken of it...

Thanks Doc.

Rounder

LoL, don't guess I've ever been accused of being a wise guy, a smart a$* maybe, but not a wise guy.
I have heard that the older you get, the smarter you realize your parents were!:biggrin: Seeing any of that yet?:eek:

Doc - That is a beauty of a pen! I guess Justin forgot to give you my address so you could send it to me. Look forward to meeting you this weekend at the Central Texas meeting.

Very classy pen! and a great story behind it all around.:)

wizard

LoL, don't guess I've ever been accused of being a wise guy, a smart a$* maybe, but not a wise guy.
I have heard that the older you get, the smarter you realize your parents were!:biggrin: Seeing any of that yet?:eek:

Doc - That is a beauty of a pen! I guess Justin forgot to give you my address so you could send it to me. Look forward to meeting you this weekend at the Central Texas meeting.

Randy,
You and Justin are truly hilarious. It's neat the way you two interact!!:)
Can't wait to see the show live this Saturday.:wink:
Doc

Rounder

Randy,
You and Justin are truly hilarious. It's neat the way you two interact!!:)
Can't wait to see the show live this Saturday.:wink:
Doc

Gotta make life fun. Maybe we should charge for it, kind of like a freak show maybe!!! Could make some pen supply bucks that way.:biggrin: I would even let Justin be the freak. He is his father's son.

Top Bottom