My Better Halfs' first Fountain is a Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from joefyffe

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Upon completion of this pen, it did not meet my standards. My wife liked it. :rolleyes: I said I would not sell it and she responded with something like "I've been thinking I wouldn't mind trying a fountain pen." :) Goodness knows I don't need another sooooo, it's hers.

Hand cast and turned section, Bock feed and Nib, Schmidt converter, multi colored tinsel cut and cast in clear Alumilite. As always, C & C appreciated.

Attachments

• Better Halfs first Fountain_2622x989.jpg
    Better Halfs first Fountain_2622x989.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Better Halfs first Fountain2_2647x1033.jpg
    Better Halfs first Fountain2_2647x1033.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Better Halfs first Fountain3_2558x1116.jpg
    Better Halfs first Fountain3_2558x1116.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Better Halfs first Fountain5_2396x1487.jpg
    Better Halfs first Fountain5_2396x1487.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Bet it has a distinct shine to it under halogen lamps! You are more patient then I, cutting tinsel into little cut must be fun.....better then trying to save it until next Christmas though.

What exactly didn't meet your 'standards' on this one?(Not saying that your better-half doesn't need a nice fountain.....just wondering.....)

Scott (you crankin' out the kitless now) B

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
the sparkly stuff was sparse in some areas. Thanks for looking and commenting

Bet it has a distinct shine to it under halogen lamps! You are more patient then I, cutting tinsel into little cut must be fun.....better then trying to save it until next Christmas though.

What exactly didn't meet your 'standards' on this one?(Not saying that your better-half doesn't need a nice fountain.....just wondering.....)

Scott (you crankin' out the kitless now) B

John Den

I really like this one.
Clear Alumilite is making me want to have a go at casting.
I love the effect you have got with the tinsel.
Kind regsrds
John

Katya

I like the effect, too. Given that you can't entirely control where the tinsel ends up, could you just tint the alumilite? Was turning the threads difficult to do with the tinsel?
Nicely done..
Catherine

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks, Cathrine, for your comment and interest. Tinting would help make the voids less noticable, but I wanted the clear look. Regarding "threading" Alumilite, it is so easy to thread, I noticed NO difference with the tinsel. I think this flash/tinsel is actually a form of plastic itself.

I like the effect, too. Given that you can't entirely control where the tinsel ends up, could you just tint the alumilite? Was turning the threads difficult to do with the tinsel?
Nicely done..
Catherine

Last edited:
Top Bottom