My best work with decals so far

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ALA

ALA

Finished this one for a friend this morning. It's just a slim line with Copper hardware (purchased from the Corian King) and Ash given to me by a friend. I've done a few decals but it has been a trying experience to say the least. This is my best thus far on working with decals. The area on the clip that looks like the finish is cracking up is reflections...please over look this. My photography is not good at all.
Oh, and 2 post in 1 day! Hope you enjoy. Any and all comments are welcome!

Attachments

• 100_0180-3.jpg
    100_0180-3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 100_0184-2.jpg
    100_0184-2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 572
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

warthog

I did some deer hoof prints one time and my customer said that they looked cheesy because they looked like decals. So he wanted me to inlay black sand into the wood to look like hoof prints and charge the same as I did for the decals. Just goes to show ya...you can't please everyone.

toyotaman

I did some deer hoof prints one time and my customer said that they looked cheesy because they looked like decals. So he wanted me to inlay black sand into the wood to look like hoof prints and charge the same as I did for the decals. Just goes to show ya...you can't please everyone.

The price would go up about 15.00 for the extra work.

TBCbushings

What do you need to do to the decals before you put them in water. I heard you need to seal them first. Getting ready to do one and wanted to make sure I was going down the right path! Thanks in advanced.

I have probably done 2000+ decals on all manner of items. Here is the tutorial I made about 5 years ago for the rodbuilding community. The exact same process can be used for pens. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to shoot me a PM.

As an FYI, I no longer build rods and let my website go when I was in Afghanistan. If you need to email me, use the cox.net address or the one in my profile.

Dave

http://destinturnings.com/decal_making_tutorial%20by%20David%20Rogers.pdf

Top Bottom