My Best Seller this season, Carbon Fiber Gearshift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from csr67

csr67

Last night I finished up hopefully my last pen for the Christmas rush. I think I've sold about 30 of these Carbon Fiber pens with the PSI brushed pewter gearshift in the past couple of months. The blank is the 3/8" pre tubed carbon fiber from PSI, and you can get two pens from each blank. They turn very nicely, no chipping, but the long ribbons of resin will quickly plug up your DC when you make several at once!

While wood is my favorite medium to work with, the Carbon Fiber is a big seller among the gear head crowd. I make lots of different style kits but it seems like 90% of my sales are these gearshifts or bolt actions...

Here's the most recent one (sorry for the quickie photo, I really need to press the creases from my red photo tent background!):

P1010175.jpg

931ea44c-8ba6-4711-91fc-9dad37bd4e6d.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Lovely pen !!!!

On your Gearshift pens, do you glue in the clip screws to prevent them loosening ?

csr67

Lovely pen !!!!

On your Gearshift pens, do you glue in the clip screws to prevent them loosening ?

I have not had any issues with the clip screws. The finial "tire" though can be problematic. Whatever PSI uses to glue the tire to the inner brass thread on portion often fails. I've had to epoxy a few back onto the threaded base.

Top Bottom