My best pen ever!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

I definitely need to work on photography here, but this is the best pen I have made so far! It's an Apollo Infinity fountain pen with chrome plating. The blank is the exhibition grade black ash burl from woodturningz. I wish the picture was better because the finish doesn't look like that in my hand... more to learn and more to turn! C&C is always helpful.

Attachments

• apolloopen.jpg
    apolloopen.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 516
  • apolloclosed.jpg
    apolloclosed.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 424
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

Your pen looks great.

Getting your photo's to show the pen looking as good as it does in real life, is not an easy task.
I am working on it, but its a long road.

76winger

Very nice! The Apollo is one of my favorites because it's big, has smooth lines, and is a lot lighter than most pens as big as it is. Makes it a big pen that you can carry around in your shirt pocket.

ironman123

My best pen ever

That is a very nice looking pen and the blank is very impressive looking wood.

I have been trying to find an Apollo Infinity Rollerball kit in Chrome but everywhere I know is "Out of Stock" so far.

Ray

yorkie

Beautiful pen. Fit and finish is excellent. I'm guessing the photography does not do it justice. What finish did you use? Did you rub with DNA and then use BLO with heat buildup?

Black Ash burl is always so amazing.

1080Wayne

It may just be the photography , but the barrel to me has a bit of a concave look , much better than extreme pregnancy, but not as nice as convex by 25 thou or so would look , to my eyes . Definitely time for me to dig out the black ash burl !

Joe S.

The finish is mineral oil with a lacquer top coat. It's a finish I've been experimenting with, and so far I like it!

Joe S.

Here are some slightly better pictures. This is more or less what the finish looks like, but not exactly. :rolleyes:
And yes, its a little concave. :redface:

Attachments

• DSCN1233.jpg
    DSCN1233.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN1229.jpg
    DSCN1229.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom