My best friend made a pen! big pic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
This is the first pen my best friend has ever made. He has watched me make a few, and expresed interest in trying it, so tonight after the scorching sun set and the kids went to bed, we went to work. He did 99% of the work, I only assisted in cleaning up the fits a bit, and giving pointers, getting in the way mostly i am sure. Of course, my photography absolutely does no justice to the glass like surface of the homebrew PR blank i call "Clouds of Emerald" (pearl metal flake emerald green mica, and green interfine mica). Gun metal finish on the Euro kit. We left the tubes uncolored on purpose. I think it adds some depth and a weird fading effect near the nib. Slick pen if i do say so myself!

Funny thing is. Right now, the pen is in my pen roll. I told him that i had to add it to my stock to sell at the show in October, but the truth is, this guy might as well be my little brother, and this is the first pen he made, so he will take it home tomorrow. He will appreciate it way more than anyone with an extra $40.

If you look closely you can see the alien on the top half. his legs by the center band, and his head by the top, with his arms stretched out.
1_Rex_Alien__pen_cropped.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

That is a nice looking pen. Not a common shape which really makes it stand out ina good way, and the home brew is a great color combo. Nice!

Top Bottom