My Best Euro Yet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigRob777

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRob777

The top one is the one I sanded down too far. It's mango. The bottom one is Green Crushed Velvet, from MrCook (Stan). It worked out great and is my best so far. It may be my best fitting pen and my best finish so far. Well, there is no finish and no buffing, just MM to 12,000.

200781701946_DSCN0797.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcomed.
Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

William,
It's about time I did something right.[:D] I'll have to look yours up again.
Rob

Edit: I just found yours and they look great. BTW, I took about a dozen shots, to find this one and my pics usually aren't very good either. Everyone's entitled to get lucky once in a while.

IPD_Mrs

My daughter "loves" the green one! Now keep in mind her favorite color is blue so for her to say "that's prettttyyyy" is a real complement - she's a teenager [:p]

BigRob777

Thank you Mike and Mike's daughter. Man, I wish I could get my wife on the lathe. There are plenty to go around here. Now, before some of you wise guys get ahold of this one, I meant I wish my wife would try lathework.[:)]
Rob

BigRob777

Thanks Guys,
It takes a long time to turn, but there is no finish needed (I hope), so that makes up for it, plus the blanks are fabulous. I'm tempted to buy another 20.

Phil,
Maybe one day we'll make it back up to Bailey Island again. That place is amazing. We haven't made it to Old Orchard Beach yet though.
Rob

BigRob777

Oh, one funny thing about the green one. I kept thinking I had a ding or two in it, as the lighter ripple spinning around appeared to be a flaw. I was tickled pink, when I stopped the lathe and found this. I actually used a skew, starting with this greenie and the other two sierras I turned today (still drying).

I tried another CA finish on a spalted cinnamonwood pen, but it was too clumpy. I think it was the plastic bag I used to apply it (my first try without paper towel). I'm going to try delrin strips next, to apply it (from Joe Collazo). I turned 3 pens today, my record by 1. I actually turned the mango two days ago and completed the finish yesterday. I assembled both of the above pens today. I hope I don't pay for it tomorrow, or worse, Saturday, during the festival.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom