My Best to Date!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kkwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkwall

Hi All,

I have been turning for around 6mths now, and have just turned my best pen to date.

The finish/wood/fit etc are all what I would consider to be as good as it gets. The pen is Elm Burr, in Slimline Greacian kit, in Gunmetal Finish.

This was a particularly good piece of wood, which I cannot take credit for, but I am very proud of the pen produced.

This is one of a batch of 11 for friends at work.

Any comments welcome.

20061027214440_elm%20burr.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Nice work, Kenny. I don't usually like slimlines but the lines on this one are pretty appealing. Is a "burr" what us yanks call a "burl?"

Skye

Good deal then.

Perspectives can do funny things to a photo. If the finial end and nib end match, I'd say you're set.

DocStram

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Is a "burr" what us yanks call a "burl?"

Interesting question! I just got a copy of a great book called Turning Green Wood by M O'Donnell. Here's how he describes the terms:

"Burr is an English word for a type of growth on the side of the tree which is full of bud eyes...... Burr appears as a large bulge on the side of the tree, but also extends into the tree..."

"Burl is an American term referring to any type of growth on the side of a tree including burrs. The term also includes healing growth over surface damage or broken and dead branches."

Skye

I thought a burr was what these Hondas with the big exhaust tips do.

Buurrrrrrrrrrrr, buuuuuuuuuuuurrrr, buuuuuuuuuuuur....

Skye

Originally posted by Penmonkey
<br />Hey all I see is a little white box with a red X. I think it is a sorry pen.[;)]

Something must be wrong on your end. I think everyone else sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom