My bash entries updated pics

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from southernclay

southernclay

Posted these entries last week and spurned me to improve some pics.

Original thread if you like
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/my-two-bash-entries-120152/

I have some updated pics after pouring over the library, photo forum and reading the manual I got online. Tonight is the first time I've been able to take any pics all week but I'm pleased.

I didn't worry about cropping, angle etc as much, just practiced lighting, settings etc. I picked up a nice tripod at the pawn shop this week for $20....convenient since I have an aweful case of hiccups right now, also learned about the auto timer...also convenient. Anyway first 4 shots are unedited of the best two exposures for each pen. The last 4 are the shots using only the "I'm feeling lucky" button in Picasa.

Let me know what you think, specifically with pics, thanks!
Warren

Attachments

• 1.6.jpg
    1.6.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 117
  • w1.6.jpg
    w1.6.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 130
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 106

southernclay

I'm Feeling Lucky Picassa pics

Attachments

• 1.6.jpg
    1.6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 102
  • w1.6.jpg
    w1.6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 91
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 97

SDB777

The "I'm Feeling Lucky" improved the white balance, but the 'item' is slightly out of focus(or maybe I need to re-visit the eye-guy?)....

If you can manipulate the settings on the camera...bump the EV setting for a longer exposure, and then you will not need to click "I'm Feeling Lucky". Remember, everything you do to a photo after the shutter button has been pressed affects the 'quality' of the image.

Try 'crop' too....get the 'item' to be the main focus of the image. Too much room allows the eye to 'wander around' the image.

You are improving, just keep trying different things. Also, digital images after really cheap...take lots of them, you can always delete the 'bad ones'.

Scott (photography is fun) B

Top Bottom