My ballpoint and casting contest entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Well,

Unfortunately I can now show off my entries for the ballpoint pen and freestyle casting contest :frown: Losers train, here I come!

I should know by now that hybrid wood and resin blanks don't seem to garner much attention, but I love them! Oh well, I have two awesome pens that I'm very happy with:)

On a side note, I really like the looks of the platinum and rhodium Mistral. Very classy in my opinion.

Attachments

• cigar1.jpg
    cigar1.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 214
  • cigar2.jpg
    cigar2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 207
  • DSCN2668.jpg
    DSCN2668.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 213
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi,

You may have not won any prizes with them but make no mistake, you have done a wonderful job on them, the cast on that last image is just stunning...!

There is a very fine line between the quality work you see from so many of our members, hybrids have won and will continue to win many prizes in the past and in the future and the quality of your work can only improve as time go by so, don't despair, you have won, in my eyes...!:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Thank you very much Keith, Cwalker and George.

George, that's your olive wood, but I'm sure you noticed that!

Yes I did..!:)

You are doing very good work with your castings, and they have nothing to do with the wood pieces you use however, when you have the right bits of timber and a good resin mix, the results are always GOOD.

Cheers
George

oldtoolsniper

I voted for them too! My appreciation for them jumped tenfold when I started down the path of making my own. You need to see the finished pen in your brain housing group before you pour.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

stuckinohio

I voted for them too! My appreciation for them jumped tenfold when I started down the path of making my own. You need to see the finished pen in your brain housing group before you pour.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Yeah, It's very hard to decide which piece to use, where to cut and drill and finally which pieces of the blank you're going to use for which parts of the body!

I don't use a lot of the casting pieces I get because I want that "landscape" look with highs and lows.

BeeAMaker

I love the wood and resin pens also! I voted for those!

Awesome.

I have some land in MI, about 13 acres of wooded hills. Can't wait to get up this spring and see what burls, stumps, need to be stabilized types of wood I can find for casting blanks.

Last edited:

magpens

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Lewis !!!!

The colors and style of the blank are a great match for the hardware !!

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Everyone can not win these contests. There has to be some that do not place but does not mean they were not worthy. You did a fine job with the pen. But frankly these have been done so many times already and to step up you need that out of the box seldom seen pen. That is what wins these contests. Again nothing wrong with your pen and you did a great job and you were proud of it and that counts so learn from the contest and try again.

stuckinohio

John T, that's for sure. Gotta get more creative. Loved your pool table pen box. That was my favorite.

Jon, was your pen the painted one in the casting contest this year? Also, are you going to be at MPG again?

Lewis

jttheclockman

John T, that's for sure. Gotta get more creative. Loved your pool table pen box. That was my favorite.

Jon, was your pen the painted one in the casting contest this year? Also, are you going to be at MPG again?

Lewis

Thanks Lewis. When the dust settles and the Bash is over I will post in the box forum to save for future box makers. One of a kind for sure. :)

Top Bottom