My attempt at segmentation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jerryconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryconn

Ok guys here it is Let me know what you think. This is a Black Titanium Polaris and a copy (or at least my attempt at a copy) of the segmentation by Ron. I made my own blank. Thanks for the comments. The finish is CA BTW.

20066131347_787a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DFM

I tried creating a blank like that. My saw cuts were perfect. I was off with my drilling and messed up several hours of work. Now I have a really nice looking piece of junk sitting on my tool box reminding me to drill straight.

Ron Mc

Jerry,
Very nicely done! The design appears to be proportionate to the pen and everything lines up very nicely.
You should be proud of this one.

Jerryconn

Thanks for all the nice comments, Thanks Ron for the tutorial for making these things it has opened up all kinds of ideas [8D] This is actually the 2nd one I did. the first was a Sierra and it came out nice as well. As soon as I finished the 1st one I knew I wanted to see this segmentation with the Polaris or Atlas kit. Thanks again everybody.

Jerryconn

oobak
The woods are light- curly maple light brown/red - bloodwood and black is Ebony. What I did to keep the sanding from discoloring the wood is as soon as I was finished turning with the skew I put sanding sealer on the blank and then sanded it and put the finish on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom