My attempt at Acrylics...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

These are my first two acrylic pens. I really like the materials and the fact that I can get a fantastic glass-like finish and a finished pen using these materials in just a couple hours.

I have no patience and have fed the trash can more times than I care to mention by "rushing" the finish on a wood pen. I love the wood the most, don't get me wrong, but have yet to develop the maturity and patience to carry a pen project for more than a day.

I'll have to take some time and photograph some of my other acrylics to show you what I mean. See what you think.

Dan Hurd
Unionville, VA

200582715547_PenPictures%20020.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Dan,
Great looking pens. Couple hours for finishing wood? A days project? When you get the process down you can finish a wood pen in about...15 minutes...that includes sanding. There are other pen turners here than can probably do it faster but I stick to around 15 minutes. That includes sanding from 220 grit to 2000 sand paper then jumping to MM then sanding sealer, 2 coats friction polish, and 2 coats renaissance wax.

Leather Man

Welcome to Penturners Dan. Your pens look great. I like the top one best. I have not turned any resin blanks yet but I am going to try it. It usually takes me three days to finish a pen....not working steady but by the time I get the finish on and cure time it is three days. I am a little slow, but I am old.[:I]
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom