My 3rd Segmented Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paulkane1

paulkane1

I picked the Tutorial to make this pen from this Forum,So impressed was I with the beauty of his pens,I decided to get brave ,(as I am a novice ,at Pen making) and give it a try,here is the images of my work,Opinions welcomed.

Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey that is really a nice job. Make sure you post it up in the no comments thread in segmenting. There you will see dozens of segmenting examples. You can also find several how to's for segmenting that you may like.

paulkane1

nice job mate, i like the green wood as a contrast

can i ask what the green wood is

all the best

MIK
Thanks Kindly for your comments,I honestly do not know the name of the Green Wood,I bought it ,as a pre-Dyed Blank,from a company in the UK, called Axminister Tools,I was looking more of them myself,because it's a lovely shade of Green,but ,they seem not to have them on their Web Shop anymore.So I am trying to dye my own , which ,I am a novice at Dying my Blanks,some people on the Forum,suggested using Food Dyes,so ,I raided the Wife's cooking larder,this morning,and at the moment ,I have a Blank soaking in food dye at the moment,I'll leave it for a few days,and let you know the result.

Paul

paulkane1

That's surely an outstanding pen! It gorgeous. This takes time and effort.
I picked the method from this Forum,It was time consuming , and I had to be patient with it, I would like to still try and get a better finishing , I am reluctant to sand ,when I do Segmented Work,as I believe the various colors of the different woods get contaminated with the sanding,and dull down the pen,so I use the Skew,to get a nice smooth finish, I am open for advise ,as to get a natural shine on the Pen ,without using CA ,Glue? I just came across the Beall Buffing System, seemed good, If anyone out there can help me on this one,it would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

glen r

Paul, you have to remember to let the blank that you are soaking in green food coloring dry for a week or two to endure that no moisture remains in the blank when you start putting the finish on.

Nice job on you pen too.

paulkane1

Paul, you have to remember to let the blank that you are soaking in green food coloring dry for a week or two to endure that no moisture remains in the blank when you start putting the finish on.

Nice job on you pen too.
Thanks for your comments.The Green Blank I bought pre-dyed,but the Company since,has stopped trading,I was told that you can Dye your own,using various Dyes-Stains,even food dyes? I never Dyed my own before,some on the Forum say ,to get the Dye to penetrate the whole way through the Blank,a Pressure Pot needs to be used, I've never done it before,so all advise would be appreciated.

Paul

Top Bottom