My #3 pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

I did this one today when I got home from church. Yes, I did read the comments about #2 but my wife asked me specifically to leave "meat" on the barrels so I turned it to her satisfaction. And, I put it together correctly and it works. I need to push the transmission in just a hair but it works now. I was happy to have successfully put together a functioning pen. I have been learning from the mistakes of the first two and hope to do better when I do #4 tomorrow. Thanks for all the comments and corrections. I appreciate all of you very much.

Attachments

• Pen #3 A1.jpg
    Pen #3 A1.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Pen # 3 B1.jpg
    Pen # 3 B1.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 156
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Next step up the pen turning ladder is to get rid of that center band. It will give you a lot more freedom in shape and size. Check the library to see how this is done. Keep turning !! The more you turn, the more you learn. Jim S

Big

Steve,

I honestly don't know what kind of wood it was. It turned well and looks pretty good though.

Big

I actually left additional material on the barrels because my wife asked for it to be made that way. My #4 pen is the best yet and I have only done 4 so far. Thanks so much for the compliments. The folks here are incredible about helping, teaching, and mentoring new people like me.

Top Bottom