My 2nd Pen.2nd Cigar.YoYo inspired w/help from Dan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

Well, here is my SAT. work. Again I need to extend a major thank you to Daniel for helping me and letting me use his equipment. I couldn't have done any of this w/o good ol' "Lt. Dan." The design was without a doubt YoYospin inspired... It is a Cigar in the Platinum finish made with a beautiful Quilted Sapele blank from www.woodturningz.com. Thanks again for being so helpful to everyone out there. Take care,

Ben.
bchavez@unr.edu

20054174033_My%202nd%20Pen...%20Quilted%20Sapele.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

That is one beutifull pen you made Ben[;)]
Looks like you have a real good teacher.
But a true Jedi Knight would have cut that with his light saber [:D]
Last question, what is the pen laying on? A painted rock?

Ben

Originally posted by penworks
<br />That is one beutifull pen you made Ben[;)]
Looks like you have a real good teacher.
But a true Jedi Knight would have cut that with his light saber [:D]
Last question, what is the pen laying on? A painted rock?

It is a rock that my son found in the river... It is real glassy, although the pic doesn't really show it. It is SUPER White on the outside, SUPER Black on the inside... Dunno' what kind of rock it is, and that's bad for me, because my fist love before the world of pens is MINERALS!

I wonder how a Chalcanthite inlay will look? Only time will tell[^]

Ben.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Looks like a piece of flint to me Ben... I have a large piece just like it...
BTW, Great looking pen also... nicely done

Daniel

Ben, now that is a photo!
I have actually held this pen and the photo is not even coming close to doing it justice. the catoyance is like a streamer of lights. and what you see changes with about every 5 degress you rotate this pen. it is extremely gourgeous. Ben didn't get as much help from me as he sounds like. I sort of left him hanging on this one intentionally.
and for gods sake don't get Ben started on minerals. we often have to work in a museum of mining. poor guy can't get past the first two displays. I've been around these rocks for 18 years and have learned more in the last 30 days about them from Ben than in the whole rest of the time combined. by the way he let the cat out of the bag. my nick name is Leutenant Dan, from forest gumb not from service. maybe I should start using it around here.
great job Ben and you get the credit for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom