My 2nd DNS Twister Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bigj51

Bigj51

This is only the second DNS Twister pen that I have made, but is quickly becoming my favorite! The center is from a "Silver Ore Lava Lamp" pen blank from Beartooth Woods. The ends are from a piece I cast from alumilite clear with black dye. I think it turned out extremely well and plan for his to be my daily carry pen.

Let me know your thoughts on this one.

6d8f1088.jpg

e2fda9c1.jpg

01e8b5f5.jpg

8bf8ee05.jpg

4839acac.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bigj51

Ok, I've thought & thought, and I just don't know what DNS means. I'm sure it'll be a "DUH" moment.

DNS Twister is the name of the components. They are made in Germany and DNS is short for Drechselstube Neckarsteinach. I don't speak German, so I've no clue what that means. Components are mand in Germany and I bought them from Phil Irons Woodturnings in England. Components run about $21.26 usd + shipping. His site lists the price as £13.3 gbp. Expensive? Yes! But I really really like it. The twist mechanism is smoother than any I have ever come across.

Here is a view of the components....

DSC_1207.jpg

BSea

That's an interesting pen, and thanks for the explanation. I've never heard of that pen before. It's also the 1st kit I've seen that didn't have a nib. Sort of a semi-kitless. In fact I thought it was kitless till you posted the other info.

BTW, I think it's a very good looking pen, and I like the latest addition.

theartist07

Drechselstube Neckarsteinach, is a town in Germany. I thought i would just toss that in so you would know. I really like the pens, love the color and the twist; i've got to get more practice in to come up with something even close to that blank.

Jim

I had thought you meant Do Not Sell. I use NFS in my display box if one of my daily writers or a special order is sent as examples with a family member for show and tell.

Top Bottom