My 2nd Amendment Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

The Second Amendment to The Constitution of The United States:

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall no be infringed".

A local chapter of the VFW asked me to design a pen that they could sell as their 2nd Amendent Pen.

This is what I designed

2ndampen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

Cool! I would love to have one of those in my AR's carry bag in case I have to write something while I am at the range!! That would be neat.
:wink::wink::wink:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A differeing opinion here...don't cheapen it with the rifle clip! Right now, the pens look very classy. Personally, the rifle clips look really cheesy to me but that is just my opinion so don't anyone shoot me for voicing it!

Rum Pig

Nice one Larry:)

I think you should have 2 types of pen 1 as they are and the second with the riffle clips. Some people like them some people think they are too much.

ribanett

What's the top bit? Neck from some other case, or a custom-turned piece?

Joe,
I made the first tops out of .308 cases, but tapering the tenon to fit the piece takes too much time, and cut a little-check the fit, cut a little-check the fit, yah yah yah got old real quick. Now I make them from 1/2" casing brass round stock.

It's certainly doable. I've laser-marked lots of cartridges.

Eric,
I talked to my engraver, she said that laser engraving metal takes a special setup that she doesn't have. I put the idea to the board of the VFW.

Thanks guys for your comments. I put the idea of the rifle clip to the board of the VFW, will wait for their replay.

Myself, right now have mixed thoughts about it.

Sylvanite

I talked to my engraver, she said that laser engraving metal takes a special setup that she doesn't have.
Actual engraving of metal DOES take a special laser. Regular CO2 lasers don't produce a wavelength that will affect metals - they just absorb the energy and get warm. Laser marking, on the other hand, is a process in which a pigment is heat-bonded to the metal using a CO2 laser. It takes a special (and expensive) chemical compound, but it produces a dark black mark that is very durable on most metals.

See http://www.littlerivercrafts.com/Su...page_3&zenid=77c56aef8c3d7e6e0239f5bd0bebabee for more details.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom