My 2nd and 3rd pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from smokinghole

smokinghole

The first pen I made will never be seen by anyone. The upper one is from the plans in Pen Turner's Workbook. It's bloodwood, walnut, and maple. The lower one is bloodwood, rosewood, and maple. Between drilling and turning I blew up three blanks trying to do the scalloping near the nib.

I actually sold the lower one right after I took this picture. I'm a law student (graduating Saturday!) and am interning at a metropolitan prosecutor's office. I was using it in court today and one of the other prosecutors started admiring it. I told her I'd sell it to her for $50 and a letter of recommendation to help my job search. Booyah.

The other one I'm giving away to one of my professors who arranged a huge scholarship for me. Just want to say thanks to everybody here who posts tutorials and tips. What a fun hobby this is turning out to be.

Any tips on how to improve these would be very welcome. I finished the upper one with CA, and the lower one with BLO and CA based on something I saw on youTube.

Attachments

• First Pens.jpg
    First Pens.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

2nd & 3rd pens

Very, very nice effort for only the 2nd or third pens. Keep up the good work. Don't let the law keep you from the lathe.

Top Bottom