My 2nd,3rd and 4th Attemps.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from challagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

challagan

Well today I turned my 2nd, 3rd and 4th attemps at pen turning. 1 Slimline Pen and Pencil and a letter opener all in walnut. Shots of the walnut box I made to hold them several weeks ago. I did better this time, put a little bulge in the bodies instead of a straight line pens but I didn't get the profiles matched exactly but I did pretty much get them turned to the bushings on the pen and pencil. Anyway, keeping on plugging away!

Corey
200622522626_WalnutSet3.jpg

20062252276_WalnutSet2.jpg

200622522830_Box8.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

they look good Corey. Nice fits and curves. Are there some sanding rings on the letter opener and lower end of pencil? Not sure what your procedure for sanding is.

challagan

Originally posted by airrat
<br /> Are there some sanding rings on the letter opener and lower end of pencil? Not sure what your procedure for sanding is.

Airrat, no sanding rings, however what you see on the pencil is a skew mark that I just didn't see until it was to late. The mark you see on the letter opener isn't a sanding or chisel mark, it is actually from when I wood burnished it. Instead of using a walnut piece I used a very dark wood piece and it left a mark. Won't do that again.

Thanks,
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom