My 2013 Bash entries

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

Im a little late posting these but I thought I would have them all in one thread. Here are my three entries for this years Bash.

The first one was going to be my "on tube" casting contest entry but I got carried away before I read all the instructions and couldnt enter it with the kit modifications. I entered it in the Exoticblanks contest, just to show it, because I spent so much time on it. It is a Jr Gent F/P with a Birdseye Maple background. I painted a flying Pheasant on the wood and extended feathers from one edge of each tube before casting in clear resin. The gold metal was replaced with Brazilian Cherry to match the brown feathers.

The second is a Black Ti Majestic Jr on what I named "Rolling Smoke". The blank was cast with Silmar 41 with Antique White and Grey dyed resin swirled in transparent black. The hole and tube were prepainted black.

The last one is a Jr. Statesman Sea Shell pen. The shells were given to me by a friend who spends lots of time on a Florida beach. The shell pieces were glued to a colored tube before casting. A pretting simple pen, just time consuming.

All comments welcome. Thanks!

Attachments

• Bash 2013 feather_800x527.JPG
    Bash 2013 feather_800x527.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 286
  • Bash 2013 Smoke_800x553.JPG
    Bash 2013 Smoke_800x553.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Bash 2013 Shell_800x448.JPG
    Bash 2013 Shell_800x448.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

The feather pen had my vote and could not believe it did not make it to the final round. That is why I am deadset against judges picking pens to vote on. Not for the Bash contest.

Great job with all of them and thanks for showing.

RichF

Those are a great set of pens. I really expected the feather pen to be in the finals. The other casts are outstanding as well. Is there a trim ring missing on the Majestic?

johncrane

All great looking pens john! well done,my favorite is the shell pen! would of been a real pain on the fingers cutting and fixing all those shells, also just wondering what glue did you find worked best with gluing the shells.

JohnU

Thanks all. No parts missing, just poor photos and lighting. Lol
As for the glue, medium CA is what I use on all of my shell pens. Just make sure to let them degas for several days before casting.

Top Bottom