My 1st Retro in Red Mallee Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DSallee

DSallee

Well, here is my latest addition/sale gong to a veterinarian Doctor in Oklahoma... it's a CS USA 10K Retro in Red Mallee Burl ... This is my first Retro and first time turning Red Mallee. The only problem I had with this pen is the fact that I only have a cheap benchtop drill press and after cutting the blank to size it wouldn't fit in the drill press with the 12.5mm bit in place :eek:... that dang 12.5mm drill bit is pretty freaking long! I ended up drilling it on my mini Jet... wasn't for sure if it would work as I had a wobble.... it did egg shape the hole a bit and yea, it was pretty off center so I ended up epoxying the tube in it overnight.

Next problem I had was using the barrel trimmer on them.... the tubes were bigger than my largest trimmer insert... I got it trimmed finally... from there, everything went pretty good...

Special thanks to Ed (Ed4copy) for the tips and suggestions with Red Mallee..

Thanks for looking and any comment or suggestions are welcome...

Attachments

• Img_6054.jpg
    Img_6054.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 253
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chriselle

Nice pen. Photo is a little distant and a wee bit out of focus at the pen....gotta work that camera's macro mode.:biggrin: I like your logo.

Last edited:

fernhills

Hi, very nice pen, great job. I checked out your web site and couldn`t help but notice that you have a CSUSA photo in there. Is that legal ? You have to keep that in mind when you are publishing a page

Last edited:

DSallee

Hi, very nice pen, great job. I checked out your web site and couldn`t help but notice that you have a CSUSA photo in there. Is that legal ? You have to keep that in mind when you are publishing a page

Thanks for the comments,

I did contact CSUSA and asked if I could use their photos on my site until I had a chance to replace them with my own and they said sure, not a problem... I also contacted PSI and they also said sure. if you look at it their way, if I'm advertising their pens (photos) and selling their pens (pen kits), it's more business for them. PSI even has a brochure of their items that you can use for your business and put your prices in it to show to customers.

And for those that know Lou (DCBluesman) from Heritage Pens, you may notice his fountain nibs, refills etc are on my site as well. I did ask him also for permission to use his pics and because of his quality of product (nibs) I will be using his nibs exclusively on my pens ... he gladly approved the use of his pics and his description if I wanted!

Now, not ALL the pics on my site are from "other" sites.... I would say 25% of them are mine from my pens I have turned. And now, I have a Retro that will be taking it's spot on my site as soon as I get a better pic of how I want it set up... this image I showed here was just a quick shot of it so yes I know it's a bit OOF and needs a little help... :neutral:

Thank again for the comments and concerns
Dave

DSallee

.... I like your logo.

Thanks.. I was just playing around one day and it just happened to come together...

I was trying to come up with a logo for LaSalle' Pens and I typed the LaSalle and then accidentally hit it again to "add text" and it put another LaSalle but with the L over the S in LaSalle' and I thought, hmmmm... that would be a cool logo for us... the wife agreed!

And yes.... The LaSalle' IS a legal name for me... (for those that are wondering) ... When my family came over from France in the early 1600's, my (family's) last name was actually spelled LaSalle' ... in mid 1800's it got changed to Sallee (dropped the La and added an e) That is why most all of my pens are named after relatives throughout our family history...

Thanks again for the comments...

rjwolfe3

Dave
Great minds must think alike because that is what I did on my site as well. I didn't know about PSI. That will help me out a lot. I have been slowly replacing their images with my own. I was even able to get permission to use my plating picture from someone who got out of the business. I put a little statement on my site that says that some images are copyrighted and used with permission from the original owner. And I kept a copy of the permission letter on file as well.

DSallee

.... I put a little statement on my site that says that some images are copyrighted and used with permission from the original owner. And I kept a copy of the permission letter on file as well.

Thanks Rob, I might do that as well ... might keep some of the confusion down... or I could put "image courtesy of CSUSA" on each of their pics.... hmmm.. might do both actually....

Thanks again Rob!

Top Bottom