My 1st Pen with South American stamps.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

alxe24

I've seen a few pens with stamps and I wanted to make some for a long while. I bumped into my collection of stamps when I was a kid and made 4 tubes.
I could not wait for the Alumilite order so I did this one with CA. I'll wait for the other 3. I used a lot of CA :)
Thanks for looking .
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_0565-copy-2.jpg
    IMG_0565-copy-2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0561-copy-2.jpg
    IMG_0561-copy-2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

That looks really nice! I like the way you placed them all.

I made a Zen pen this past weekend the same way...took about 200 coats of ca..so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that I can send in future decorated tubes to have cast in clear that I can turn down easily?

Thanks for any leads,
Steve

Janster

Plus ONE!!!

I made a Zen pen this past weekend the same way...took about 200 coats of ca..so I was wondering if anyone knows of a place that I can send in future decorated tubes to have cast in clear that I can turn down easily?

Thanks for any leads,
Steve[/quo

I too would be interested in knowing this!

The pen looks terrific, I can't imagine how much time you spent with the CA. I would be interested if anyone offers casting services as well. I have a number of ideas, but am not ready to invest in the whole pressure pot set-up.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks good. Well done. :good:

Why don't you guys just turn down a boring blank to just below nominal size, then fix the stamps and then you just need to put a few CA coats on?

BSea

Thanks for any leads,
Steve
There are lots of people here that cast all kinds of things. You might go to the casting forum & ask if anyone wants to do this for you. Or you might try it yourself. It's not all that hard, and there are several tutorials in the library that describe almost every aspect of casting.

ossaguy

Yes,my only other one I did, I turned the blank down below,then put the stamps on & the normal amount of ca coats.So I know how to that.The stamps didn't match up when curling around,tjough on that one.
It's just that these certain stamps I had were the exact fit for a Zen tube,meaning the corners all matched up perfectly.If it was a fatter tube I end up with a gap.Kinda like wrapping presents ( which I'm pretty bad at ) Like my Civil War pen I did.

I've asked on a couple forums about casting services with no replies yet.I'm going to keep trying,someone out there might be interested in helping.Not going to give up yet.

I can't do it myself because of the fumes.

Thanks again for any leads,

Steve

dplloyd

Good looking pen!

I really want to try one of these. Found a box of old stamps at my mothers house last year that has many may stamps in it. Lots of European stamps, some South American. Others from who knows where.

alxe24

Thanks you all for your comments.
@ Ossaguy. Why don't you start a tread of your own on the casting forum asking for someone to see if they could do the casting for you. Are you looking to make the tube on your own and have someone casting it or are you looking to buy the whole thing from someone else? I just ordered the molds and alumilite so when I get the stuff I can look into casting some for other people.
Regards,
Alex

Top Bottom