My 1st Pen!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cozee

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

Sorry for the poor pictures. One is from my camera and the other is simply a scan. I used a Woodcraft slim line gold kit. It was finished using HUT PPP. Looking closely it is evident the lower barrel is a tad undersize where it meets the center band. I had it to size then had a brain fart. Since this is my first pen and plan on keeping it for myself, I made the lower barrel a bit large so it is easier for me to hold on to! I do not know what wood this is as it came as an extra in a box of blanks I bought. Micah, this one was unmarked so if you remeber what it is let me know!!!

Sooooooo, what cha think??!! I'm a big boy. I can take it!!

200672223464_1ST-PEN-1.jpg

2006722234639_1ST-PEN-2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Gergory, Nice Job for the first try. One of the things on fitting that I found that helped me was to mic every pen and make a habit of it. You can but an inexpensive digital mic from H/F around $10.00

leehljp

Member Liaison
I tend to side with walnut but could be mesquite. Great first pen! Undersized, oversized, comes with the territory for most of us on the first few and stays with some of us through quite a few! [:D]

elody21

Keep up the good work!! You are now officialy one of us! Hooked for life. From now on no more food, just pen supplies and wood!

Good job, be sure to keep it, you'll be glad you did!
Much better than my first one, too!
I like the scan better than the photo, but invest in a photo shop program (I use MS picture it 10), it's worth it. you can do alot of fun things with it

cozee

Originally posted by oobak
<br />Good job, be sure to keep it, you'll be glad you did!
Much better than my first one, too!
I like the scan better than the photo, but invest in a photo shop program (I use MS picture it 10), it's worth it. you can do alot of fun things with it

I have the Adobe suite (Photoshop 7, Illustrator, and Elements 2.0) It is a camera which needs investing in!!!! It is not really designed for macro work.

OSCAR15

AWESOME JOB! Ya know a lotta folk INTENTIONALY swell out the lower barrel, rather than straight cutting....
Godd Luck,,,keep em coming, get a second mortgage to pay for it...
(just kidding) but it is an expensive addiction..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom