Musical Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikebpeters

mikebpeters

Hey guys, I'm guessing that what I have done has been done often in the past, but so far I haven't seen anybody else do this so I will share it here.

I put the treble clef musical notation clip on a 'staff' background that I burned into an olive piece. The bottom is roasted maple.

20130329_115033_zps9fc3b5fd.jpg

20130329_115042_zpsa7014a0a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveJ

I like it! My daughter plays the upright bass - I should make her one with the bass clef - did you make the treble clef clip yourself? And if not, did you happen to notice if they had a bass clef available?

SteveJ

Upright or electric? My daughter is attending Colorado University on a full (tuition and fees) bass scholarship. I have two sons who play upright and electric.

SDB777

Just so my 'slow mind' understands....

The clip end has burnlines not segmenting? And I am not even gonna trying to guess what 'roasted maple' is?

I like the concept and the materials used!! Very cool and not something that is seen everyday!!! Well done!!!

Scott (to clef or to cleft that is the question) B

mikebpeters

Yes, the clip end is burnt. I put tiny notches with a parting chisel in, and then I held a piece of wire in the notches as I spun the piece at high speed so that the friction burnt the wood. I thought it would be a nice compliment to the roasted maple on the bottom.

Roasted wood is wood that is heated under pressure - not quite sure how hot or how much pressure, but the effects are most interesting.

Top Bottom