Yosemitesam

Music pen pour

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 462
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I hate when people just post the pen and do not give any info as to what we are looking at. It is a photo. How do we know it was not from the web somewhere. Did you do this??? Is it clear cast??? Is it a decal??? Did you just spin the blank. What kit is it. This should be a requirement when posting photos of pens. Help the audience enjoy what we are looking at. :frown:

I just looked and saw this is only your second post so please excuse the harsh tone. Nice pen but a little info when you post a pen is very helpful and it helps to get to know you better. Look forward to more of your work.

Last edited:

gbpens

Interesting idea. It looks like a musical score wrapped on a tube and the black notes and red staff applied on top then cast. Can you clarify? The green background tends to detract from the pen image. Try a solid neutral color such as grey.

Last edited:

MikeinSC

Nice pen. I like the presentation as well. Let the picture speak and create the mystery, and you've done that well.

You don't have to explain anything for me. Not all artists have to explain how or why they do anything. Its your job to create, inspire and facilitate a search for knowledge for the initiated. If information is given, then great. If not, then take it for what it is.

jttheclockman

Nice pen. I like the presentation as well. Let the picture speak and create the mystery, and you've done that well.

You don't have to explain anything for me. Not all artists have to explain how or why they do anything. Its your job to create, inspire and facilitate a search for knowledge for the initiated. If information is given, then great. If not, then take it for what it is.

That is some outlook. No one is asking how. We are asking what is it and did they do it. We do not even know if it is a pen. Give credit where credit is due. How do we know if someone else made the blank and all they did is spin it. So many people are making and selling blanks these days who knows. It means so much more when the person showing a pen states that they made the blank and maybe gives a little insight into it. Imagine how boring this site would be if that is all we do is post a photo and walk away. Just my point of view.:)

Last edited:

Yosemitesam

I hate when people just post the pen and do not give any info as to what we are looking at. It is a photo. How do we know it was not from the web somewhere. Did you do this??? Is it clear cast??? Is it a decal??? Did you just spin the blank. What kit is it. This should be a requirement when posting photos of pens. Help the audience enjoy what we are looking at. :frown:

I just looked and saw this is only your second post so please excuse the harsh tone. Nice pen but a little info when you post a pen is very helpful and it helps to get to know you better. Look forward to more of your work.

Wow, never been attacted for being creative. Just ask if you have questions. We catch more flies w/honey.

Last edited:

chartle

Question is the Cleft and the notes above the music? There appears to be a layer between them.

Last edited:

Yosemitesam

Another try

It's musical notes and paper glued on the tube and poured with alumilite water clear pour. The paper was put on first and the the notes, no layer in between. I just started pouring blanks. I used a pressure pot too. This forum said show off your pens sorry if I made a mistake. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

jttheclockman

It's musical notes and paper glued on the tube and poured with alumilite water clear pour. The paper was put on first and the the notes, no layer in between. I just started pouring blanks. I used a pressure pot too. This forum said show off your pens sorry if I made a mistake. Hope this helps.

Hello Patricia

First let me say maybe we got off to a bad start but I would like to welcome you to the site. No you did not make any mistakes. it was my mistake for not looking at the poster.

Yes this is the show off your pen forum and that is what we want to see. with this photo we now can see it is a pen and we now see what kit it is. We also learned a little bit about what was done to get the blank looking as it does. This helps us understand better what we are looking at and gives a little insight into your likes and maybe a little of what we can expect to see in the future. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more. Casting can be both fun but also trying and as you grow with it you will learn some do's and don'ts. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Again sorry for the rude comment. did not mean it that way.:)

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Are you going to sell these blanks? One of my buglers has done a lot covering last minute emergencies when the assigned bugler got sick so I'd like to make him a pen with a blank like this as a small thank-you for his help.

Ernie Richardson
Bugles Across America
Michigan Assistant Director
and IAP Member

Top Bottom