Murphy visit #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

Over the weekend left me with an exploded blank on this Pink Ivory 8mm Designer. It happened when I was using the barrel trimmer. 3/4 of the blank literally blew up. There was no gluing this one back together so I turned the bad part down and added some Purpleheart, Tulipwood and Pink Ivory pieces. I wasn't sure of what else to do with the lower barrel. I guess we'll see if it goes over well.

200510113944_des_pinkivory.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and feel free to say what comes to mind.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Billy, the pic is hard to see; I think there was a little too much flash. But that's just my opinion! The purpleheart and tulipwood seem to work with the PI, though I think I would have just scrapped the bottom barrel at that point and done a contrast, like African Blackwood or Holly (depending on how pink the color was).

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Jim, no flash, but I may have had the lamp on the left a bit close or needed a different angle. I'll try to be more careful next time. Still getting used to the setup. [:D] I have Blackwood, I just never thought of it. Maybe next time, but I hope there isn't one. Yeah, right!!! [:p] Who am I kidding! BTW, I sharpened my barrel trimmer yesterday and that shouldn't happen again. It works so much better now! [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom