Muberry pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rtparso

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtparso

Well I have turned for the last couple weekends and finally took some pictures.

200551154854_mulberry.jpg

On my computer the color is fairly true.
200551154917_Tanned%20test%20beads.jpg

The two beads were turned at the same time and fininshed with CA the dark one was left on my dashboard (on purpose) for 2 weeks as far as I know the color is only skin deep.
200551154940_Raw%20Mulberry.jpg

This is the raw wood.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Very good. Is mulberry always that color? I have a large hunk (half log about 18" long by about a foot thick) that is very dark brown where it has been exposed to the air for who knows how many years. I was under the impression it was naturally dark purple then turned brown. Don't know where I got that idea. What is the most common color of mulberry?

rtparso

Is mulberry always that color?
If you look at the test beads That is with about 2 weeks exposure with a finish. The darkening process had at least slowed if not stopped. The yellow bead was turned at the same time and was let inside on a shelf (photo reactive). The beads were turned almost a month ago and the lighter one is still the same color as a pen that was turned this weekend.

rtjw

Not being mean, just constructive. I think slimlines look alot better with some design. When they are left straight there is nothing artistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom