Mrs. Steve gets into the act. and Sells TOO.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveRoberts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveRoberts

So....

My wife of two months and a day is helping me prep blanks, you know drilling, CA gluing the tubes in place.. and I decide to send a little fun her way and let her turn a baron out of granite environ and she did so with minimal help and coaching. It took a long time and she was nervous but it came out very, very nice.

Today... we go to wood workers source to pick up my freshly tuned Forest Wood Worker II blade from the sharpener and she mentions that the Jet 1014 is on sale, that she thinks we should have a spare and that she would he happy to keep it dusty till I needed it.

Below are her first four totally unaided pens, she got all of them done in about 75 minutes. Looks like I better put my Emperor and Lotus kits in the safe before they get used up while I am in the shower.

http://www.pocketartpens.com/Amy'sPens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pipes

I bought a Jet midi off a member here Rudy Vey a few months ago and ordered the extenstion for it I never use it ! BUT the price was right and you always need a spare :O) ... My wife says she may have at it also ! I hope so make life interesting in the shop [:D]...Now there invading our shops [:0]LOLjk

http://affordablepipes.com/

SteveRoberts

<b>Yes we got the lathe and a nice new Crown 3/4" gouge for her to use because it was "cute". The $45 it cost wasn't. She turned those pens on her new favorite toy. I bet I am out of luck in terms of prep help from now on, probably have to wait for the pen mill too.</b>

fiferb

Originally posted by SteveRoberts
<br /><b>Yes we got the lathe and a nice new Crown 3/4" gouge for her to use because it was "cute". The $45 it cost wasn't. She turned those pens on her new favorite toy. I bet I am out of luck in terms of prep help from now on, probably have to wait for the pen mill too.</b>

What a nice problem to have!

OSCAR15

Mrs. Steve did a fantastic job! My wife has also recently developed an interest. We share the shop and tools,,,,It is great....
Only suggestion....DO NOT let her vacuum while you are working!
Drives me insane,,,,

jssmith3

Ok guys, I am the one with the shop and I sometimes share it with my husband who makes golf clubs and its great. I have him well trained too! [:D] I do like the fact that we are not working on the same type of hobby though, I never put anything away so I always know were things are, he is very organized and I can never find anything of his!!!![:0]

Janet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom