Mr. and Mrs.Cholla Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

OKLAHOMAN

In getting ready for a few last shows this season I made a few of these.
All comments welcome.

IMG_2780.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

louie68

Nice looking cholla pens, I have purchase cholla but have not try casting them yet, any tips that you care to share with me on casting, I use PR for casting.
Are you putting the cholla in a mold then drilling the hole for the tube?????
Louie

OKLAHOMAN

Here is the way I do it, others have their own way but I found this to work well for me. Take a scrap piece of wood and drill various sized holes with forstner bits so the cactus will stand up,. next wrap the cactus tightly with painters tape, if using PR wrap above the cactus about a half inch (Shrinkage) be sure to wrap the bottom well DAMHIKT. now just pour your PR into the cactus. With PR I don't pressure it just let it harden overnight.
Now just drill down the center and your home.Here's a couple of photos to really confuse you:biggrin:
the second one is just showing you the bottom wrapped.

IMG_2782.jpg
IMG_2783.jpg

Nice looking cholla pens, I have purchase cholla but have not try casting them yet, any tips that you care to share with me on casting, I use PR for casting.
Are you putting the cholla in a mold then drilling the hole for the tube?????
Louie

Last edited:

wizard

Roy, Beautiful set. The cactus looks awesome on the Aero..the components tie in beautifully!! A very sweet and handsome looking couple....so... which is the Mr. and which one is the Mrs. ??? I think you need to bring them to Houston so I can have a closer look. :biggrin:. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom