MPG Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jontello

Jontello

Thanks to everyone who put on the MPG this past weekend. It will probably be one of the highlights of this year for me. Thanks Mark for taking a picture of my pen. I finished it a day before the event so i do not have pictures of it at all. I took the liberty to adjust the pics a bit but this is more a reflection of the colors. I am excited that this pen will be traveling with the other greats of the IAP.

Here is a bit of the process.

It is a modified Magnetic Graduate pen. I started with a piece of wood and turned it down to size. I sealed the wood so the paint would stick. Let this dry for a day. Then I hand painted the design. Let it dry for a day. I then did the line work with a couple different sized pigment fine tip markers. I let it dry for a day. (Painting and line work was about 15 hours). I finally finished the pen with CA.

Hope people enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Jon

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_2770.jpg
    IMG_2770.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 367
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
That pen is beautiful! It was a privilege to see it up close, handle it, and talk with the artist, Jon Tello. Check out some of Jon's other work at hellotello Jon, it was a pleasure meeting you. (BTW, I'll let you know what I find out about that engraver. Hope to have time next week.)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like your pics better than my pics!!!

Oh, I wore out you pen today paying some bills :eek:. JUST KIDDING!!!! It's safe and hidden from my wife (actually she left for Mexico at 3 AM...)

Top Bottom