Moving Forward with a Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sandsini

Sandsini

I'm moving on with pen number three, and at this point I think I will stop numbering them. I just squeezed this guy in before Memorial Day festivities in Naples (California, not Italy!).

This is a Premier Cigar in Platinum, and I turned a Gaboon Ebony blank for it. I was all set to finish it in CA, but after sanding it with Micro Mesh to about 3600 (probably overkill) I decided I liked it without any finish on it. I ended up using Satin and then Gloss polish, but it's still pretty subdued.

Thanks to all the helpful suggestions I received in my two previous postings, this one went very smooth. I love it, and plan on carrying it a while.

Sorry about the crummy pics...

Eric

Attachments

• PremierCigar_960.jpg
    PremierCigar_960.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 246
  • PremierCigar2_960.jpg
    PremierCigar2_960.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tangoman

Ebony and CA

Eric,

That's a lovely pen, well done!
I've used CA on ebony previously and found it prone to cracking in hot weather, much more so than other timbers.
I now prefer ebony with as natural a finish as possible, I have one in use that had a coat of hut wax only and this has worn off and is starting to look superb !

Regards,
Cam

jcm71

Nice pen, Eric, especially for number three. Don't stop numbering them. In fact I recommend you start a spreadsheet to keep track of them. Fields can include Serial No., Date Made, pen style, pen plating, type blank, refill, AND more importantly date sold, selling price, where sold, etc.

Top Bottom