Mothers Day Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RSidetrack

RSidetrack

Below are the two mothers day pens I made. The civil war pen was for my mother and the yellow Sierra was for my mother-in-law.

The civil war pen I accidentally brought down too far when sanding, it has 48 coats of CA :rolleyes: Looks good though! My mom, a huge civil war buff, loved it.

CivilWar-1.jpg

CivilWar-2.jpg

CivilWar-3.jpg

CivilWar-4.jpg

My mother-in-laws favorite color is yellow. A while back she had asked if I could make her a simple slimline yellow pen. I fell down on that job as I had many other projects going on - however, for mothers day, I was able to give her this wonderful Sierra. I was doing this at 2 in the morning (on mothers day). I accidentally gouged the entire top near the clip out, and really deep. I brought it down by sanding as best I could, filled with CA and now you can't tell that there were craters in the pen :rolleyes:

Sierra-1.jpg

Sierra-2.jpg

Sierra-3.jpg

Sierra-4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

McBryde

2 Gorgeous pens Richard! 48 coats of CA is insane, but it looks dang good! That yellow pen is bright bright! What blank did you use for it, I like it. I need to turn one of those as a carry pen so none of my students run off with it at school, and if they do, someone will see them with it!

E

SDB777

You are a patient person....48 coats! My eye's have started watering just thinking about that many coats of CA!

Well turned!!!

Scott B

RSidetrack

2 Gorgeous pens Richard! 48 coats of CA is insane, but it looks dang good! That yellow pen is bright bright! What blank did you use for it, I like it. I need to turn one of those as a carry pen so none of my students run off with it at school, and if they do, someone will see them with it!

E
Yes, it was very insane, but the depth it provided was amazing. I almost am tempted to do it on all of my pens.... almost :rolleyes:

The yellow was custom cast. Simply yellow "Castin Craft" pigment and a nice scoop of Macropearl. It is definitely very vibrant, almost fluorescent.

RSidetrack

You are a patient person....48 coats! My eye's have started watering just thinking about that many coats of CA!

Well turned!!!

Scott B

My eyes were watering pretty good, I took a break after about 30 coats just because my eyes were burning from the vapors so bad. I wear a respirator mask to prevent damage to the lungs, but unfortunately safety glasses just don't keep the fumes away from the eyes.

Top Bottom