Mothers Day Gifts...........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

These two Stamp pens were commissioned for gifts. Both incoporate early sixties Airmail stamps and are built on Mesa kits. My thanks to IAP Member MHarvey for his advice. These were cast with Devcon 2 part Epoxy in 2 different layers. C&C welcomed. Thanks and be well................Jan

60sStamps_zpsb19a6381.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Well done!

Why a 2 part casting though?(I use PR for clear casting and was just wondering is it something to do with the material, or something else?)

Scott (ahhh crud, mother's day....what to get) B

Janster

Well done!

Why a 2 part casting though?(I use PR for clear casting and was just wondering is it something to do with the material, or something else?)

I made both pens and mod poged the stamps on the bare ( sanded) tubes. I built it up with a dozen or so coats of Medium CA and was still way under sized. So......... I did a form free cast (no mold) with Epoxy and smeared it around the blanks as well as I could. Both ends were undersized so I had to do another layer and it worked out just right, a bit too big, perfect for turning down to the proper size. They were quite shiney so I used 0000 Steel wool and knocked it down as seen. I like the finsh as it goes well with 60 year old stamps. Also, more importantly,the customer was peased with the results! Now you know the WHY of two castings as such. Thanks for your kind words, be well........Jan

Top Bottom