Mother of pearl pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LOIBLB

LOIBLB

I learned a few lessons on this one. The next one will be a little easier after I found out what to avoid.

Attachments

• 20170219_163113_resized.jpg
    20170219_163113_resized.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Did you make the blank. It really is not nice to be so cryptic when posting. Would you share with the rest what you found and maybe it will help someone else in the future. Thank you.

LOIBLB

No I did not make the blank, it's from PSI. The lesson I learned was not to press on any thin parts that have threads. They can be damaged. In my case I was able to correct the damage. I have thought of making some type of a jig to use while pressing parts home to avoid this damage.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

No I did not make the blank, it's from PSI. The lesson I learned was not to press on any thin parts that have threads. They can be damaged. In my case I was able to correct the damage. I have thought of making some type of a jig to use while pressing parts home to avoid this damage.

Thanks. Those are good lessons.

Skie_M

In some PSI pen kits, some of the parts can be separated so that you can press them in separately and THEN thread the other part on or into the part you just pressed ...

Sometimes they come as separate pieces, and you just have to press the little brass fitting into the barrel (Trimline has a finial that requires this). Other times they come together and you COULD try to press them together but they recommend you disassemble it and press the fitting first, then thread the part into it. Some of the twist transmissions from certain PSI pen kits worked this way, but I don't know which ones.

In any case, that pen looks lovely ... which style kit is it?

bpgoldo

Robert, that photo and the work it portrays is simple perfect. I can't imagine being more pleased with a project that finished out that beautifully.

LOIBLB

Thanks, The pen kit is Sculptured twist pen kit from PSI

The assembly is not as clear as all that. The main thing with the kit is the center coupler needs care not to damage the threads. But I'm new at this and still in boot camp

Top Bottom