Mother of Pearl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

This is mother of pearl inlay wrapped in a Mesa crome kit.
This is also my first time using Allumilite, and while a bit stressful, I love the results.

RneZH2Ml.jpg

Macro:
zTEQosbl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Nice. Do you find the reflectivity of the inlay in the Alumilite to be equal all of the way around, once turned, or does it have any areas where the inlay shows more edge and less surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

kludge77

Nice. Do you find the reflectivity of the inlay in the Alumilite to be equal all of the way around, once turned, or does it have any areas where the inlay shows more edge and less surface?

No, it's equal all the way around. I used tube-in molds for this, and the inlay was applied directly to the brass with thick CA. So it's a uniform thickness of resin and the Mother of Pearl powder.

MRDucks2

No, it's equal all the way around. I used tube-in molds for this, and the inlay was applied directly to the brass with thick CA. So it's a uniform thickness of resin and the Mother of Pearl powder.

Ahhh, that would make it consistent. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom