The most elegant of Fungus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

This is the first time I have built up a "Wood Pen Pro's" Celticus Jr "master" kit. Even after taking to account the kit's manufacturing issue (posted on the site), that this current lot has: ( the cap can't thread-post due to a too short threaded coupler ) this batch of Celticus Jr. is still a screamin' deal and a really beautiful pen. And...by the way, the cap sits on the end just fine! Used a Res-Fil Australian woody Truffle blank from the Wizard down under. Had it for about a year, and the other day it suddenly occurred to me that this blank and this new kit were meant to be. Banding is Tru-Stone from Exotic. Expensive material, but when used as an accent in this manner, it becomes extremely cost effective. A bargain in fact. I strongly recommend having some on hand. Blacks, Whites, Reds, it's a "never fail" go-to for dressing up a great piece of wood. I appreciate your looking in on this thread, and of course your responses are a joy to read and an inspiration. Thanks for checkin' in and giving "Spring Hunt" a look.

Attachments

• CELTICUS-SPRING HUNT 6 104 kb.jpg
    CELTICUS-SPRING HUNT 6 104 kb.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 259
  • CELTICUS-SPRING HUNT 2 105kb.jpg
    CELTICUS-SPRING HUNT 2 105kb.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 267

magpens

WOW !!!! . That's nice !!!! . I'm gonna hafta learn to do Tru-stone !

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen!

I love your trustone segments, but have a question on the adjacent veneers. Plastic Black-white-black, or wood veneers? The clarity is very appealing. I have started using old credit card/hotel kay cards which also are very striking/clean, but are thicker than yours.

Excellent artistry.

And we need more "Fungus Amoungus" :)

bpgoldo

Mark, Thanks so much for stopping to chat. I have found that (perhaps due to the scale of our pieces) an important key to this finished look is: the thinner the banding, the cleaner the look. I have used all those materials you mentioned. I have moved on to scavange from commercial plastics on packages, Evergreen brand styrene from model shops, the metals often are cut from beverage cans. The key is finding the right thickness in the right color. I am always looking, often pulling the best stuff out of the trash can. And why yes....my wife loves it when she catches me. Just luuuuvs it. gotta suffer for your art I guess. AND....she assures me she does!

Last edited:
Top Bottom