Mosaic Kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Made this pen over the course of a week. :redface: It's been busy around here. It is made in response to a member who offered a nice trade. It has a Heritance semi-flex nib. The finial is brass with Rhodium plating.Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpg
    IMG_1397.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_1398.jpg
    IMG_1398.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_1399.JPG
    IMG_1399.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1402.jpg
    IMG_1402.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 297
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Nice job Chuck! that aluminum ring and stepped finial add a great design element to the pen. Really nice pen.

PenMan1

LOVE IT, Chuck! Especially the step ring, clip and Finial.

And, man, I thought I was an old timer here! A Heritance Semi-flex? Got any more:)

Last edited:

SDB777

Any chance of a short video with the nib going through a 'flex'?

Was wondering, do you make these blanks? And do you find it any harder to tap/thread this material segmented like so?

It is a very pleasing to the eye kind of pen! And someone will be very pleased when it arrives at their home!!!

Scott (more 'tuit' list then time) B

cnirenberg

Chuck,
Another great looking pen. I agree with what Mike said. Love the finial ring. It makes the pen even nicer looking. How does the mosaic material compare to the other acrylics you have turned. It's on my 'to turn' list, but I do have to prioritize these days.

Robert111

Nice, Chuck. I love the finial and clip. Did you strong-arm George for those? :)

I like the little roundovers on the edges here and there too. All in all, a nice, original take on the old standard.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Nice work there Chuck !!:)
Although I'm still wary of the unreinforced cap threads, I have to admit that I'm warming to the style of these pens.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
A five picture pen making clinic,BEAUTIFUL!!!
Mark
Thanks Mark. Clinic? :biggrin: First time I heard that one.:biggrin:

Nice job Chuck! that aluminum ring and stepped finial add a great design element to the pen. Really nice pen.
Thank you Mike. That ring was laying on the bench from a previous build, and just a few thousandths larger in diameter, so I stuck it on there when I started sanding. Worked out pretty well, I think.

Very cool looking Pen.
Thanks Dave!
I really like the looks of the mosaic material. Nice work!
Thank you. I've been waiting to turn this material for months. Love it!

Very cool! I really like the clip. I haven't seen that one before.
Thank you. I picked up a few of these clips, but don't remember where.

LOVE IT, Chuck! Especially the step ring, clip and Finial.

And, man, I thought I was an old timer here! A Heritance Semi-flex? Got any more:)
Thank you Andy! It's the last one.:frown:

nice looking pen. is the silver a segment or drill out like a washer?
Thank you. The ring is aluminum, drilled out and parted off.

Any chance of a short video with the nib going through a 'flex'?

Was wondering, do you make these blanks? And do you find it any harder to tap/thread this material segmented like so?

It is a very pleasing to the eye kind of pen! And someone will be very pleased when it arrives at their home!!!

Scott (more 'tuit' list then time) B
Thanks Scott. No chance of a video, but these nibs have a good reputation. The blanks were from Indy-Pen-Dance. I think Ernie at Beartoothwoods has some, and maybe Exoticblanks. The stuff is beautiful to tap and cut threads on. The threads on the lower finial have a very thin wall, and held up very nicely. I think it's a lot like Lucite. It may even BE Lucite.

Chuck,
Another great looking pen. I agree with what Mike said. Love the finial ring. It makes the pen even nicer looking. How does the mosaic material compare to the other acrylics you have turned. It's on my 'to turn' list, but I do have to prioritize these days.
Thank you Cris. Read my reply to Scotts post above. This stuff is really nice. Turn it when you get a chance.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice, Chuck. I love the finial and clip. Did you strong-arm George for those? :)

I like the little roundovers on the edges here and there too. All in all, a nice, original take on the old standard.
Thank you Robert. I really don't remember where I got this clip. :redface: Yes, I prefer to round over all sharp edges.

Nice work there Chuck !!:)
Although I'm still wary of the unreinforced cap threads, I have to admit that I'm warming to the style of these pens.
Thank you Steven. A couple of bands would have been better, but The cap wall is pretty thick, and material is tough.

If you're warming up to the style, I'll just have to turn up the heat on the next one :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful job Chuck. I wondered what you've been up to:)

Mike
Thank you Mike. We have visitors from Indy for a couple of weeks. But, I've managed to squeeze in a couple of pens.

Really nice work Chuck. I really like that blank.
I've liked this material since I saw the one Justin posted. Thanks for the compliment.
Chuck: I was trying to think of something profound, to say, but everyone else has already said it, so I'll just say "Damn boy, you did yourself proud" !!! :biggrin:
I AM a sneak :biggrin: Just when they think I'm gone....surprise :tongue::biggrin:
Thanks for the remarks Joe. Anything you have to say, is appreciated. Good or otherwise :wink:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome looking pen! Like the combination of colors on mosaic material.

That's so nice you could turn that into a kit! Very well done.
LOL, thanks Bruce. That's a good one :biggrin:

That is stunning. Very nice I love that ring at the finial it breaks things up just enough! Really nice.
Thanks Mike, that's the whole idea of the rings and bands (I think). You can tell it's a pen BEFORE you take it apart.:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I dips me lid Sir Charles, that pen is stunner.!
Thank you Fred! I'll dip my lid in return :biggrin:

As always, a lovely piece of work!
Doug
Thank you very much Doug.

Beautiful work Chuck! A lovely material that I'm still waiting to try. The pen looks really nicely balanced.
Thank you sir. Remember...this is the material that melts easily when parting too fast. DAMHIKT:biggrin:

Top Bottom