MOSAIC BLUE IMPERIAL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mrburls

mrburls

Made this one Thursday evening at our San Antonio penturners meeting when I was doing a demo on buffing and polishing. I figured I'd assemble pen right away to show it off and I coundn't wait myself to see how it was going to look.

It's made of the blue Mosaic material on an Imperial pen with one of Heritage nibs. I think I'm going to replace that nib with one of Roy's polished Bock nibs to have an all silver finished look.

People I've showed the pen to have really liked it and I also think it's quiet good looking.

Thanks for looking, Keith "mrburls"

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Looks good, but i agree it will look much better once you change out the nib to the polished Bock! That material has a very unique pattern about it. How difficult was it to drill it straight with the pattern?

mrburls

Looks good, but i agree it will look much better once you change out the nib to the polished Bock! That material has a very unique pattern about it. How difficult was it to drill it straight with the pattern?

I forgot to mention about drilling this material. This is not the round stock that was being sold recently but rather 19mm square stock which I could use for larger pens. When I first saw material I thought I hope this does'nt blow apart, all the lines from tiny little pieces. But once turned round everything was smooth as could be. Next went to drill in collet and lower half went well. Drilling out cap was going well till drill was about to exit end of blank and I heard a crack. So started over with another piece and stopped just shy of end (were I could just see through it) and no problem this time. I think the cap end only cracked drilling because the material left was so thin. And it did not crack along any of the lines in material, just down and across randomly.

Keith "mrburls"

Brooks803

Looks awesome Keith! I agree that the polished nib would look great on there. Meisternibs doesn't carry it anymore, but he had this one nib that I think would have been absolutely pefect for this. I might be wrong with all the details but I want to say it was Ruthenium(sp?) and either polished steel or Rhodium. It was two toned just like the kit.

flyitfast

I was lucky to see the Demo that Keith did polishing the pen and the picture doesn't do it justice. It looks like glass an inch thick. Keith's technique is simple but extremely effective.
The blank took someone awhile to make and it is a Wow, especially on an Imperial. The new nib will really complete it.
Thanks Keith
gordon

mrburls

Looks awesome Keith! I agree that the polished nib would look great on there. Meisternibs doesn't carry it anymore, but he had this one nib that I think would have been absolutely pefect for this. I might be wrong with all the details but I want to say it was Ruthenium(sp?) and either polished steel or Rhodium. It was two toned just like the kit.

I know which nib you are talking about. It is two tone rhodium and black titanium. I've been looking at those for moths thinking about getting 1 or 2 but they have to be ordered if he can still get them. That would look awesome with this pen and a few others I have.

Keith "mrburls"

crabcreekind

I also agree on the polished nib. I really love the combo of kit you put this material on. You do a great job of pairing things up!

Top Bottom