This mornings' offerings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Chance of rain....means I can't run electricity out to the shed and cut blanks, and it's like someone doesn't understand 'global warming' here....it's like cold outside and there is actually snow/sleet in the northwest corner of Arkansas!!! Maybe after the afternoon naptime, I can fire up the sawmill and enjoy being outside for at least that....crossing my fingers and waiting on the sun....

So, here is what I accomplished this morning.

A Sierra Chrome Trivalent wearing a piece of Crosscut White Oak

HDR close-up:

Finish is sanding with 400grit and then Shellawax EEE, and finally some good ole wax!

A Sierra Chrome Trivalent wearing a piece of Sanguine & Latte blank

Finish is wet sanding through the first four pretty colored pads, and then PlastixPolish....blanks was reverse painted black!

A Sierra two-tone Gold-n-Chrome Trivalent wearing a Halloween blank

Finish is wet sanding through the first four pretty colored pads, and then PlastixPolish....blanks was reverse painted black!

A Sierra two-tone Gold-n-Chrome Trivalent wearing a Twilight Glitter blank

Had some fun, made some 'stock' for the pen case....gotta go make some coffee. Thanks for looking, and as always....comments/critique is most welcome!!!
{I have a self critique....just noticed a bunch of weird 'spots' on the hardware, these will not wipe off, it's almost like the hardware is gouged}

Scott (coffee and a nap...WOOHOO!) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1080Wayne

Nice pens . Really like the oak .

See what you mean about the finish on the components . Always a good idea to check them on receipt , so you can get them replaced by the supplier .

Janster

Cross cut Oak is Wowser!!! Very very nice. Great F&F and nice pictures to! Be well.............Jan

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
They all look pretty smart to me, though I'm not a big fan of Sierras.
Are you referring to this mark on the images?( Below )
I thought I had seen these before on some of your pics but assumed they were just some weird reflection or something.

I actually thought the first one had copper strips in it till I saw your close-up !!
LOL, I guess that's what happens when you have pin sharp pics like yours!! You can't hide the faults!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Scott.jpg
    Scott.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 218

Kretzky

Beautiful pens, great job!
I know what you mean about the weather... up here in the frozen north we've already had a very warm week & we're expecting next week to be in upper 20's into 30's that's C not F! :eek:
Records being broken all over the place.

Hendu3270

Great looking pens Scott. That oak pen is awesome. Thought it was a segmented pen till seeing the close up.

Oh, and I've had a few kits that had spots on them and it turned out it was some sort of adhesive (similar to CA) that had dried on the kit when they were assembling the components at the manufacturer. Some of my wife's fingernail polish remover and a qtip removed quickly and easily. Just a thought...

Last edited:

BSea

Hey Scott, I like that Halloween pen. It looks like ghosts flying around. Orange ghosts, but still . . . :tongue:

And nice piece of Oak. Somehow I was expecting DIW. :rolleyes:

And finally, Coffee and a Nap?!?! Isn't that sorta like Jumbo Shrimp & Military Intelligence?:confused:

SDB777

Hey Scott, I like that Halloween pen. It looks like ghosts flying around. Orange ghosts, but still . . . :tongue:

And nice piece of Oak. Somehow I was expecting DIW. :rolleyes:

And finally, Coffee and a Nap?!?! Isn't that sorta like Jumbo Shrimp & Military Intelligence?:confused:

Ah, you think I didn't see it....but the DIW wasn't already drilled, on a tube and ready to turn(but it is now)! Maybe after I get some outside cutting done today?

Guess I can go look for some nail polish remover stuff and give it a shot.....cant' hurt giving it a try!

Scott (thanks everyone) B

Top Bottom