Morning Coffee Denver Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

Some of you may remember this pen, but I don't think I've "officially" posted this to show it off before. This pen is a Denver that I have named "Morning Coffee". I thought the alumilite used for the cap and the body finial fit in quite well with the coffee theme. I think the results of working with the finicky coffee bean blank was worth the trouble!:biggrin:

c006-2-SMALL.jpg

C006-3-SMALL.jpg

C006-SMALL.jpg

I used a few new techniques on this pen. I had never seen a coffee bean kitless before, so I knew I was plotting an uncharted course. The fragility of the coffee bean blank necessitated a sleeve inside to add strength and allow for threading. Since I did not want the black Alumilite I used for the sleeve to show in the threading, I decided to make the barrel threads on the section, also a new technique for me.

P.S. In case you're wondering, this pen was my entry for the kitless contest last BASH. Yeah, I know I'm behind in posting pix...:biggrin: Thanks to those who voted for me!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryguy

Nice pen. I just started my first section with threads on the section. It seems to make more sense because in previous efforts the barrel walls were too thin where the the tenon threads and the barrel threads ended up in the same place. I got the idea from the Italix Churchman's Prescriptor. A great pen made of brass. Your pen is very classy looking. and combines my two favorite things, coffee and fountain pens! I write this with my morning espresso in my hand!

Simsonicole

My hubby was spying on my site...tells me this was his favorite! Very nicely done...think I am going to have a hard time "replicating" it for him. Hints for a newbie???? :)

Top Bottom