The Morning After revisited with new bottom.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

Thanks to a suggestion from Shane as well as a couple other people that have actually seen the pen I have decided to make a second bottom for it that includes some of the design from the cap. I have left a couple pictures of the blood wood bottom for comparison
morningafter2closed2.jpg

morningafter2open2.jpg

morningafter2open4.jpg

morningafter2open.jpg

Just finished up a pen I call "The Morning After"
It's made with blood wood, curly maple and Black Ebony.
Rhodium/BLK Jr Statesman kit.

MAclosedtop.jpg

MAopen.jpg

Comments and critique welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

It is a great a looking pen!

Amazing since my wife was just asking me to make a much simpler version of this last night!!! Her version is made of 2 wood with one in the middle shaped like a trapezoid like the ones you have on the cap. We were discussing how it will look like on a twist pen if the middle tapezoid is sliced by the center band.

Ron Mc

Thanks for the comments. I'm still picking glue so it's hard to type at the moment so I'll make this short and sweet. I'm glad you like it!

Deere41h

I like it Ron....I like it!!

Are you planning on attending SWAT next week end in Wichita Falls? If you do bring it along. Would love to see it in person.

Ron Mc

John,
I may do SWAT for a day. It's not that far from me and it sounds like a lot of fun!
If I make it I'll look for you. Just look for the little guy in a big blue truck with the Texas sized mustache.

hobby_dale

Very nice looking pen Ron. I like the addition on the bottom, to help match/offset that on the top. Seems to flow better, to me anyways, than with just the plain base. Great job!

woodscavenger

Nice work. I did not think to carry the design only partially down the blank. I love it!! It makes for a sneaky transition. You sure get some great advice here sometimes.[;)][:eek:)][:0][:D][:D][:D] Very well done.

Ron Mc

Shane,
I just didn't want it to be to busy. I do this with a lot of my segmented pens.
John,
I'll be at SWAT on Friday and maybe Saturday as well. Do you know of anyone else that will be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom