More Stars & Stripes...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

This is my first, but probably not the last Baron S&S...I added a shot of red and blue dye to the blanks before beginning the glue-up process, hoping to bring out the curly grain. Superbly made kit...good job Kallenshaan Woods.
FP12g.jpg

FP12f.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK Ed.. you stated that you touched up the dying before putting the stripes and stars in place...
What kind of dye did you use.. how long did it take to dry.. and when you got to the final shape and started finishing, did the dye run at all...
I have found that Chestnut dyes sometimes run under sanding sealer or CA.. but then again I am using it within an hour of dying...

melogic

These pens are absolutly beautiful. Is there a pen box that a Statesman or a Gentlemans pen could fit in? I'm thinking of doing a couple of these in a Statesman and I want to make sure there is a pen box to put it in after it is completed. I guess I could make my own. [^] By the way, Beautiful job on this pen Ed!

laserturner

Excellent job on the pen Ed.
Mark, here's a link to a page on my website that has a couple of boxes that go with the stars and stripes pens. http://tinyurl.com/cm9gd

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Mark, I bought a box from Ken for a special project ... the laser engraving was far beyond what I expected... he does fantastic work... you will not be disappointed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom