More shop time! Oh Yeah!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PTownSubbie

PTownSubbie

I have had time to make several pens along with many other things in the shop since leaving the Navy.

For your viewing pleasure....:biggrin: Please provide feedback!

The first two are Stamp pens. These are postmarked stamps. I purchased a bunch of them a couple years ago.
Manama Bahrain stamps on a Chrome/Satin Chrome Elegant Sierra
0147-manamastamps-ballpoint.jpg
India stamps on a Gunmetal Le Roi
0148-indiastamps-ballpoint.jpg

The next 5 are all Tina's Polymer Clay. This stuff turns and finishes so easy!
Daisy Red Flowers PC on a Black Ti Cigar
0152-daisyredflowerPC-ballpoint.jpg
Daisy Delight PC on Black Ti Cigar
0153-daisydelightPC-ballpoint.jpg
Purple Flowers PC on Gunmetal/Chrome Elegant Sierra
0154-SpurpleflowerPC-ballpoint.jpg
Reindeer Games PC on Chrome Long Click
0155-reindeergamesPC-ballpoint.jpg
Purple/Pink Flowers PC on Black Chrome Slimline
0156-purplepinkflowersPC-ballpoint.jpg

The next 4 are all CNC blanks made by me on my CNC machine. They are getting better every day. But then again....I am a little biased...LOL!

One of my Tiger Stripe Alumilite with brick pattern carved and recast in white on Tn Gold Le Roi
0157-tigerstripesacrylic-ballpoint.jpg
Custom order Hummingbird blank on Chrome Zen
0158-CNChummingbirdacrylic-rollerball.jpg
Custom order Tractor blank on Black Ti Zen
0159-CNCtractoracrylic-rollerball.jpg
Brick pattern Blue alumilite with light green fill on Chrome Zen
0160-CNCbluebrick-rollerball.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Looks like you are coming along pretty well with your CNC work. With a little tweaking, your brick pattern could be morphed into a nice crocodile skin looking pattern.

Now that you've got the single cut / recast down, it's time to try 2 or more cut / recasts on a blank. :biggrin:

Ed

PTownSubbie

Looks like you are coming along pretty well with your CNC work. With a little tweaking, your brick pattern could be morphed into a nice crocodile skin looking pattern.

Now that you've got the single cut / recast down, it's time to try 2 or more cut / recasts on a blank. :biggrin:

Ed

Yeah...not quite ready for that yet. I have several other patterns I am working on right now....More to follow!

Thanks Ed!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I see you have been taking the easy way out. Its time to get dangerous! Nice beginnings Fred.

leaycraft

Love the hummingbird! Not familiar with that kit- any special tricks to working with it ?

Sir: we just celebrated another Armistace Day- I showed my normal classroom video, interviews of Living CMOH awardees
As one vet to another- Well Done Sir! and thank-you.

PTownSubbie

I see you have been taking the easy way out. Its time to get dangerous! Nice beginnings Fred.

Easy way out....Well maybe. I need to work on multiple cut/cast process...it seems very difficult. I am trying to wrap my head around how it would be done.....

Love the hummingbird! Not familiar with that kit- any special tricks to working with it ?

Sir: we just celebrated another Armistace Day- I showed my normal classroom video, interviews of Living CMOH awardees
As one vet to another- Well Done Sir! and thank-you.

The kit is a Zen rollerball from CSUSA but you can get it other places also. It is a magnetic cap and I really like the design. Nothing tricky about it! It has become one of my favorite pen kits.....

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I need to work on multiple cut/cast process...it seems very difficult. I am trying to wrap my head around how it would be done.....

It's really not that hard. I can think of one place you can get some help. :biggrin:

Ed
or 2. Make the piece a little longer than needed and make a reference point on the piece that you can zero on.

OZturner

Fred, I Love the bunch that you and Tina have hatched,
To choose is "like what child do you love the most".
I can't pick one so it is The Indian Stamps, and The Hummingbird for me.
I can't say why, as they are all great.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom