More resin embellishments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

These Jr Retros have tiny little do-dads encapsulated in clear poly resin on the closed-end part. Really hard to get these little guys centered on the turning. It's a new technique for me, but I like the effect. Gotta find some more little thingies to cast :)

ClosedJrRetro_24d.jpg

ClosedJrRetro_22d.jpg

ClosedJrRetro_23c.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

Those are great. I'm not really a flower person, but that first one is stunning. I love the combination of wood and resin.

Rmartin

Firefyter-emt

Ed, as for your problems turning them, how about turning the pen (closed) but undersized. The attacking the "thing" to the end of the pen via CA and casting the pen blank again? Now return the blank and you have a perfectly centered end and you would have a perfectly formed glue joint.

Just a thought.

redfishsc

Very cool Ed! I like it! The 2nd one-- the black Retro with the flower-- that is classy!

As far as getting them centered, couldn't you use a disk sander or even a band saw to cut/sand the little doo-dad thingies to the EXACT square dimension of your blank-- and then to get a good, flat edge on your blank, mount it on the closed-end mandrel and shave the end of the blank to a dead flat for a good true glue joint, remove the blank, apply the doo-dad on that end, flush on all four sides to make it centered, grip it in a Quick-grip clamp until cured, and viola..... or ooops.... you tell me which reaction you have...[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom