More play time...ballpoints! PIC HEAVY!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Now for a round of ballpoints done over the past couple days.

We start off with a Chrome Executive with a home cast blank:

Next is a Sierra with another home cast blank:

Another Sierra with a blank made by Don Vann:

Yet another Sierra with a seriously cool cigar label blank made by Don Vann:

Now we move on to an Art Deco. I didn't feel like replacing the crystal so I cast a blank that would work with it:

Last is a Majestic Squire. Still didn't feel like replacing the crystal so I picked out something suitable. A vintage Purple/Pink blank that I made. Reverse painted a light purple:

Thanks for looking!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vanngo5d

Ok those look really good I especially like the cigar band oh wait that's one of mine :biggrin::biggrin:

No seriously I wasn't a purple fan but I am now that thing looks incredible.:eek:

The others look great as well.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Jonathon, your pens are absolutely gorgeous! I truly think you make some of the most amazing color swirled blanks ever! God has blessed you with an amazing talent! Well done

Thanks Seamus! I'm happy that I was able to discover thsi talent. I've always wanted to express my inner artist but I can't draw, paint, sing, dance, play music, or pat my head while rubbing my stomach :eek: but this....this I can do :biggrin:

Ok those look really good I especially like the cigar band oh wait that's one of mine :biggrin::biggrin:

No seriously I wasn't a purple fan but I am now that thing looks incredible.:eek:

The others look great as well.

Well if you like seeing that one so much why don't ya go ahead and send me some more. I promise to turn them and take pretty photos :wink:

I like purple...it's the pink I had a hard time dealing with. But you're right, it looks too good not to like it!

Gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you bring to MAPG.

Thanks! I'm trying to cast like crazy so I'll have something to bring! Right now I've only got a handful to bring :redface:

Wow another outstanding group of pens. I really wished I had access to an arsenal of blanks and talent like yours.:wink:

Thanks Martin! Anytime you're in the states you're welcome to stop by and pillage my "secret" stash.

All I can say is FANTASTIC. Can't wait to see you at the MAPG

Thanks Rich! It'll be good to see you again. Sad that Eric won't be able to make it, but he's got bigger and better things going on!

B Wo

Art Deco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! All the blanks and the pens look really, really great, but when I saw that Art Deco pen my jaw dropped!

I think you've found a great alternative to removing the crystal: simply match the kit with an astoundingly gorgeous, color-coordinated blank, haha :wink:

Seriously, that blank is bonkers. Gold and turquoise and hints of green. It defies description. It is fun to look at.

Holy-moly. Awesome.

wiset1

I can't take it any longer...I've gotta get some kits and turn some of your blanks I've got in the bin. I've been back on the metal lathe giving it a second chance and it's going better this time.

longbeard

Your blanks are amazing Mr. Brooks. Very well done.
I ordered a cigar blank yesterday, but a different one than yours, hope mine turns out as nice as yours. Thank you for sharing.

MikeL

Is your resin pour technique a trade secret. I understand if it is. I can pick out your blanks immediately. They all look fantastic. If it is not a trade secret, is your method published on this site somewhere? I've been pouring for several months. I have my family help name the pen I make based on the look of the resin. My sweet but frank son named one of my pens throw-up based on how the rein blank looked.

Your pens are great.

Brooks803

That second pen blank looks like my Bday blank...is it ?
( i hope)

Sorry Jason, nope. I made you Dallas Cowboy colors remember? That one of mine is Purple and Silver.

Is your resin pour technique a trade secret. I understand if it is. I can pick out your blanks immediately. They all look fantastic. If it is not a trade secret, is your method published on this site somewhere? I've been pouring for several months. I have my family help name the pen I make based on the look of the resin. My sweet but frank son named one of my pens throw-up based on how the rein blank looked.

Your pens are great.

Thanks Mike. To answer your question....Kinda. I do casting demo's and have taught many people how to cast or improve on their casting. However, how I do the blanks shown on these pens is my little secret. I'm trying to think of a way to explain without making my post seem like an ad but I've turned casting blanks into my job. So I have to keep that style of mine close to the chest. I do want to say thank you for the way you went about asking me. I've had PM's demanding I tell all and so I REALLY appreciate how you put it.

If you're free on Sat. May 18th I'll be at the MAPG in Richmond, VA giving a casting demo. I do my best teaching in person bc I have a hard time trying to type out my thoughts.

Top Bottom