More pens for the Woodcraft Store display

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RHossack

RHossack

These are my first Fountain Pens I've made and I personally think they are too gaudy and big and detract from the wood.

Both have 4 coats of Med CA and 2 coats of Thick. I went through the grades of Tri-M-Ite and polished them and then used Brasso and Meguiar's
Gold Class Clear Coat Wax.

This one is a Woodcraft Cambridge Hybrid in Sterling Silver and Woodcraft Gold dressed in a piece of wood I'm becoming a big fan of, Mango.

4861204WCambridgeFP_009__800x600_.JPG

This is a piece of the wood the pen came from. I did 4 coats of a new formula I'm playing with to highlight the spalting and ambrosia in light colored wood.

6676504WCambridgeFP_010__800x600_.JPG

This one is a Woodcraft Cambridge Hybrid Woodcraft Gold and Sterling Silver with Ebony.

5687995WCambridgeFP_011__800x600_.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

I was curious to see why this thread had no comments, and im glad i checked! very nice pens indeed. Well done :)

Im sure you must have posted it at a time when not too many members were online and they were missed before slipping off the page.

Lenny

The Cambridge is a nice set of components with the exception of the dreaded black ring on the center band. The Timberbits version of the components fixes that issue but has it's own issue with a difficulty sometimes getting the threads to mate properly.
Of course you found the way to overcome the black centerband by using Ebony! :cool::)
That pen is a winner! Congrats! :)

Top Bottom